Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunday Night is Clean Sheet Night

Ah, Sundays.  One of the best and worst days of my weekend.  Why is it the worst, you may ask?  Because it's the last day of the weekend.  But the reasons it's the best day of the weekend far outweigh the reason it's the worst.

Sundays mean several things for me.  I start the day off with worship and Bible study.  Or Bible study then worship.  Or just worship.  It all depends on if the choir sings.  If I have to sing for choir, I go to the 8:00 service and then stay for Bible study, then sing at the beginning of the 10:45 service.  Sometimes I sleep in and skip Bible study. 

After church I like to have something special to eat.  Usually I make myself breakfast food of some kind, or my mom and I will go out to eat. 

Then....naptime.  If I can swing it, I'll take a nice little nap.  Sunday afternoons are perfect for naps, especially gloomy and cold winter afternoons. 

But the best part of Sunday is clean sheet night.  One of my former students, who is a Facebook friend gave me the inspiration for clean sheet night.  She would post "Clean Sheet Night!" or a variation thereof, every Sunday night.  I asked her about it, and her idea made sense.  She likes to start the week out with fresh, clean sheets.  Her week goes well when she has clean sheet night.  She has also mentioned that when she's had a bad day, she'll do clean sheet night that night for a fresh start.

This sounded like a good plan, so I initiated this habit for myself.  On the occasions that I talked myself out of clean sheet night, I've regretted it.  So for the last several months, no matter how late it is, no matter how tired I feel, I refuse to skip clean sheet night.  Maybe it's psychological, but my week does seem to go better when I make sure to have clean sheet night.

Sometimes I cut it pretty close with clean sheet night.  I have several sets of sheets and usually at least 2 sets are clean and ready to go.  There have been times when I have pulled out the sheets from the dryer at 10:00 at night and put them directly on the bed.  But those clean sheet nights are the best, because what could feel better but to crawl into bed with sheets freshly warm from the dryer?

Once I started my own clean sheet nights, I have tried to remember to post about it on my Facebook page.  And you know what?  Many of my friends have adopted Sunday night as Clean Sheet Night...so the joy is spreading!

So, my friends, try it yourself.  I promise you that Clean Sheet Night will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment