Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oh, if I could be more organized!

Today at school we had PSAT for just the sophomores and the juniors.  I had a small group of sophomores to guide through the five different tests of the PSAT.  This morning was also a typical Wednesday professional development day.  We start an hour later on Wednesdays for faculty meeting and professional development.

Monday was a full day of professional development too.  We got together into small groups and went to the website 21 Things for the 21st Century Educator.  This is a great web site for teachers...it's basically a professional development tool for teachers.  It's out of the state of Michigan and aligned to the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers.  You can look at various lessons about different kinds of technology tools that can engage you and your students into 21st century learning.

Anyway, my colleagues and I were put into groups to explore some of the lessons and then present what we had found to the rest of the teachers.  So our task for this morning's PD time was to create a lesson plan OR modify a current lesson plan incorporating the tools presented on Monday.   I had already been looking into wikis as a collaborative learning project for my classes.   So my colleague and I were working on our project this morning...but not much progress.

Certainly I meant to work on it more during testing.  But I realized I had some grading to get taken care of and updating to my online gradebook.  THEN I noticed some kids needed to have progress reports sent home...so I did that.  THEN I remembered that I have Spell Bowl practice again on Thursday.  It's the final practice before the competition on October 17, and I had to get the powerpoint ready for practice (it's still not ready).  So all that spare time I thought I had that I was going to use to catch up on the serious grading...the essay questions for the test to grade and some AP work didn't get taken care of today, like I planned to do.

Here's the thing.  The fresh/soph class is watching The Odyssey.  So that's 4 periods of movie time.  I am going to have to force myself to grade, grade, grade tomorrow!  I WILL get it done!


No comments:

Post a Comment